Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A farm wedding! Who knew?

As many of you already know, Linds and I have chosen a venue and signed the contract in blood (and by blood, I mean we used a pen and then handed over an obscene amount of money). And the venue is beautiful beautiful beautiful, and perfect for the pretty-and-creative-but-not-pompous-or-intimidating-FALL-themed celebration we have in mind.

FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS BAD BOY.

Linds and I went to tour the grounds two weeks ago and were instantly sold. There was a touch-and-go moment when we were told that hard liquor is not allowed, but we recovered. They passed the bride-and-bride test (by which I mean they didn't bat an eye at the idea of a big gay lovefest), we passed the Laura test (by which I mean I frantically called her to ask if it was crazy to book the first venue we looked at), and then poof--we had a venue. And a few days later, we had a date (more on that later). And a lot less room on my credit card. But that's neither here nor there.

I love that this big decision is made. I love that the space reflects us as people, and is completely in line with the feeling we want for that day. And I LOVE that the venue is run by Ann Arbor Parks and Rec, and that I'll spend the next 16.5 months pretending the women who work there are Leslie Nope. They are welcome.

4 comments:

  1. Diana,

    My brother had his reception at Cobblestone and it was PERFECT and beautiful and absolutely brilliant. Gorgeous choice. We were a "big gay lovefest" as well. He and his partner celebrated their first anniversary in December.

    Good luck !
    Jen Leija

    ReplyDelete
  2. No hard liquor...? That's terrorism. But it does look pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is my sincere (sincere.) hope that many more things will be subject to the Laura test. I mean follow your heart.

    I mean you wouldn't buy a skirt without asking your friends first if it looks good on you.
    Right.

    -...totally not laura.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and jeffie, i know, we'll each need to find a different plus one.. seeing as i was planning on bringing my husband, vodka.

    i mean i love my boyfriend.

    all things considered that detail's probably going to work out for the best. ;o)

    ReplyDelete